SEMINAR INVITATION: THE NEW COMPANIES LAW
The new Companies Law will enter into effect on 1 August 2018. It will change a lot of things for the better, but a change for the worse is the new punitive regime of fines for every minute fault (although we are pleased to report that DICA’s recently published list of penalties appears to be much more reasonable than the law itself and may have reduced the problem). We will hold a seminar on Saturday, 21 July 2018 with an emphasis on compliance, the new filing system and how to re-register existing companies and branches. The seminar will take place on a Saturday as it is intended to be a pilot for an LL.M. programme that we plan to start in the second half of this year.
Participants will be presented with our corporate compliance bible (English and Myanmar).
- Filing requirements and deadlines
- The new forms
- Documentation to keep at the company
- Liability of directors
- Contract of indemnity and other precautions for nominee directors and representatives
- Registering security
- Valid signing
- The model constitution
- When (and how) to keep the “company’s objectives”
- How to re-register an existing company, branch or rep office
- Relief for small companies
DATE AND TIME:
Saturday, 21 July 2018, 2:30pm – 5:00pm (reception opens at 2:00pm)
Rose Garden Hotel, 171 Upper Pansodan Road, Yangon
– Sebastian Pawlita
– U Nyein Chan Zaw
The seminar will be held in English.
Ks. 20,000 per person, payable at the reception desk