WEBINAR INVITATION: FINTECH AND E-COMMERCE
Increased mobile and internet penetration have transformed the country. Social media have created new outlets for businesses, and e-commerce offers new opportunities that were unthinkable in Myanmar only a few years ago. It is a massive growth industry in which many wish to participate, exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic which created a surge in online and delivery services. However, it is a new industry, and experience gained in more mature markets may not necessarily be applicable in Myanmar. Developments are underfoot; among others, the Ministry of Commerce is currently soliciting feedback on its draft (voluntary) online shop registration procedures. Against this background, we are pleased to offer the following webinar on “fintech and e-commerce”:
- Which mobile money providers are good for which businesses?
- Which provider is likely to surpass WaveMoney in the near future?
- For which activities will you need Central Bank approval?
- Legal framework for digital businesses
- How to set up an online shop
- Can the Ministry of Commerce’s draft registration procedures actually work?
- Digital businesses and consumer protection
Date and time:
Thursday, 10th September 2020, 2:30pm – 4:00pm (the meeting room opens at 2:15pm)
Webinar (Zoom); the Zoom ID will be announced to registered participants
U Aggha Oo Mra
The speaker is bilingual. The seminar will be held in English, but the slides will in English and Myanmar, and please do not hesitate to ask any question that you may have in either language.
Suggesting a topic:
If you wish us to discuss a particular topic at the seminar, please do not hesitate to include this in your registration e-mail; we will be happy to amend the agenda.